Monday, May 21, 2012

Claiming Kentucky

We did it. We got Kentucky.

For those of you who do not know what I'm referencing, last Fall, my roommates and I were becoming disillusioned with the idea of dating. So how do you making dating fun again? You play date the states!

That's right. Date the states. We have assigned star stickers and everything. Shells is red, I'm silver, Lacee is blue, and Jodi is gold. Sometimes, I really love us and our shenanigans .

Not only was this a proud moment, but an awkward one too. Here's how it all went down.

Lace, Kirk, Andy and I were all suppose to double so that we could claim Kentucky, Andy being from there an all. Andrew is a friend of ours so he knows all about our game, and the map and everything. So, the date was set: Hunger Games. So, in my mind, it's Lace and Kirk and Andy and I.

Okay.

We get to the theater and Andy runs into some friends and starts chatting with them.

Suddenly, Lace is paying for her ticket.

What? What's happening?

Kirk comes up to me and whispers "Are we on a date?"

Me: What?

Kirk: Am I buying your ticket?

Me: Uh...

Kirk: Okay, I'll get your ticket

Me: ...

As Kirk is paying for our tickets, Andrew comes back.

Andrew: "I got your ticket, right?"

Me: Uh...

Andrew: We're on a date right?

Me: I thought so, but...

So, apparently there was some confusion as to who was paying for who, so basically since Kirk paid for me, and Andrew couldn't pay for me or Lacee since she bought her ticket, so he bought us snacks, and Lacee and I have split the victory of Kentucky.

Now, Shining brightly on our USA map is a half blue, half silver star over the state of Kentucky.

Teamwork.





No comments:

Post a Comment