I went to Boston. I went to Boston and it was phenomenal. From the people I met, to the way I felt when I walked on to my campus.
It just felt right. I was there for 6 days, but I was already won over within an hour of being there. I feel like I already have roots there and I miss it. It was just lovely to be somewhere diverse and different. Somewhere I feel like I could blend for reasons I could never blend in for in Utah, and stand out in ways that I used to back home in Texas.
The friends I made are grade A sweethearts, and I excited to be in their company in just a few short months.
The LDS singles community there was so welcoming and so fun loving. There's a ton of missionary work that goes on there and I'm excited to be a part of that.
The food, well, I love food, and the food there is pretty legit. Since I've been back I've been craving meals from Trident Cafe, and can already picture myself enjoying a meal there while studying in the Fall.
The people of Boston are pretty stellar. From quiet communities, to the busy city with people milling about, it was just great. And when you rode on the T (local subway) you saw all sorts of people. Students, parents, children, teenagers, business men and women, musicians, EVERYONE.
There's so many colleges and Universities in the city. Institute on the MIT campus, church on Harvard Square, and staying near Berkeley College of Music.
And BC. BC was wonderful. As Des and I were walking onto the main campus, the spirit just hit me. I don't know if was from the Jesuits walking around on campus, or just affirmation that this is where I am suppose to be. I like to think it's a little of both, but mainly the latter.
The campus is beautiful, and the faculty that I met with were quite lovely. I am excited to be continuing my education there.
Boston was lovely. Half the time it felt like a dream. But the truth is that after a fun filled summer in Provo, that will be my life.
Isn't that something?
Paulina, I'm so glad! Boston is a great place to be. You will do so well there and I am so excited for you!
ReplyDelete