After Boston, literally, a day after arriving, Heather (my fellow bridesmaid) and I drove to California for Patty and Dan's wedding. It was a beautiful ceremony, and I'm so glad that we could both be there to support Patty and Dan on their special day. It was really lovely.
After returning to Utah briefly, I headed over to Texas. To home.
Sometimes, I really love being home. I love seeing my friends, seeing my parents, making progress with my whole dental ordeal, and just being in Texas. Drinking it all in, the humidity, the green lushness of my neighborhood, the Texas way.
And then there are times when I don't love it as much. I don't love the chaos that sometimes comes with my parents. I don't love the role of parent that I feel forced into playing when things become escalated. I don't love coming home to problems I'm expected to fix instead of receiving the warm welcome I think everyone else gets when they go home. And I especially don't love that feeling when I realize just how different my family is from everyone else's, and how that may hinder me, and my future family.
I just don't.
No comments:
Post a Comment