In Boston, there's this thing called street cleaning. If
your car is parked on the street that's being cleaned and you don't move it, it
will be towed. Monday was street cleaning day, 8 am sharp. I had done this once
before, so I went to bed Sunday night, and set my alarm for 7:15 a.m. so that I
would have plenty of time to get out of bed, and move my car. Off to sleep I
went.
My eyes opened.
What is that noise? Where is it coming from? That doesn't sound like my normal
alarm? Wait, my alarm, what time is it? 8:20 a.m. Crap. Crap. Crap, crap
crap!!!!! Glasses, where are my glasses? Okay keys, let's go! Wait, where are
my pants? Oh gosh, I need real pants! Oh my gosh, what is that noise?? Back up
alarm, turn off! Purse, I need my purse! I thought I turned you off, why are
you still ringing???!!!!
In this jumbled
state, I ran out of the apartment I'm temporarily living in and down the
street. 8:25 a.m. Oh gosh, my car, my poor blue, what has happened to you? I
turned the corner onto the street that is usually packed with cars to see it
completely deserted, with one exception. My car is was just awkwardly there,
waiting for me or the tow man, whichever was coming first. Sigh. 8:30.
So basically the
moral of the story is God loves me. The end.
that is a fantastic story :)
ReplyDelete