Howdy hey! It's Christmas break!!! Not only is it Christmas break, but I managed to survive my first semester of grad school. Woo-hoo!!! While I've been buried in statistics, theory, and culture courses, life continued on and here's what you missed:
- My best friend joined the army. I'm super stoked for him, but it's been a hard transition for me at least. Snail mail takes forever. How blessed we truly are with today's modern technologies. This song by Robert Ellis basically describes the whole situation:
http://youtu.be/X1Ollq5SP4A
- People's responses to the national election was probably the saddest thing I have ever witnessed in my life. To quote Ms. Hines from 10th grade Pre-calc "Why can't everyone just love each other?" There is still too much negative energy there so we will just move on.
- I hosted Thanksgiving!!! It was pretty fan-freakin'-tastic! Good people, good food, and general happiness. That's all a girl really needs.
- I may, I may have figured out my thesis. 2 months in and I'm starting to question myself, but we'll see how it pans out.
-I still don't know a lot about theory, but I do know that I am not on very good terms with Pierre Bourdieu.
- I probably learned the most important lesson on forgiveness and the atonement at this current stage of my life. Being able to understand how to let go of pain is a wonderful thing. I have never felt lighter.
-Oh hey, I'm almost 24, so that's exciting.
-This Christmas I was with the Bongays which is always, always an adventure.
- I attended a mini high school reunion the other night. That was nice. I decided I hate bars though. They are just not my thing.
- My home ward is still awesome in it's ever changing way. I was able to spend some time with all those families that I just love so much. I just love my home ward. Best ever!
- It snowed in Dallas on Christmas. It was great!
That's all really with some missing tidbits here and there. The timing is slightly off for this declaration but Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment