Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Little January

January is my favorite. Okay, that's a lie, I actually have two favorites: January and December. Why you may ask? Because I like beginnings and endings. As sad as it is to say good bye to people, memories, friends, it's necessary, and then you have so much more to look forward to : )

I rang in the new year in a mosh pit of death, surrounded by some good friends, some sweaty strangers, and stank. Major stank. For a few moments,  I really thought the night was going to end with someone dying due to a severe stomping. But here I am!

It's amazing how the gospel  can produce this light in people that makes you want to seek after them and be in their company. Always.

What in the world do dreams mean? I had some I actually remembered. One involved the oddest love triangle  and the other a very pregnant me, laboring in a car for 3 days. Yeah, I dunno.

I survived TEXAS. My parents were so well behaved. It was really nice. And I said goodbye to my little flipper friend and doped up on lots of post surgery Advil. Hooray drugs! When my face was swollen, I thought I looked like a who from whoville.

I LOVE the Fennegans. I just do.

I ate Mexican food. Like, goooood Mexican food. Like the kind of stuff you can only find in Texas. mmmm.

I hung out with  Migs and a surprise guest of Cynthia. It was really good to see them both.

Boys always seem to become less appealing when they are
1. under the influence
2. with their fellow men.
3. being stupid and doing a 100 on the Dallas Freeway

Thankfully, they have redeeming qualities.

I LOVE Texas. I love the people, I love my friends, I love my family, I love the humidity, I love the diversity.

I am 23 years old now. I had the best birthday. I just felt absolutely wonderful from start to finish." I feel different. I feel good."

And where there's good, bad must follow. So for about a week after my birthday, I felt pretty glum. I disliked that I couldn't have what I thought I wanted. I disliked the fact that I'm in Utah, where the odds are not in my favor. I disliked the fact that even if I leave this place, things will be the same, just a different type of the same.

I finished re-reading Fahrenheit 451. I love Ray Bradbury. I started re-reading Things Fall Apart. I keep laughing because the main character reminds me of my  father.

I checked my email on Monday morning to find a rejection letter from UT Austin waiting for me.

"Wherefore let your heart be glad...and fear not."

No comments:

Post a Comment