Saturday, November 26, 2011

Grand

I doodled this in church the other day.

The other day i was talking to my best friend on the phone, crying because I feel like lately (and by lately I mean like the last year of my life) life hasn't been all that grand. I mean, it comes and it goes, but lately it seems to never go.

And some days, life is terrific! There's so much to be thankful for, and frankly it's just amazing.  It's like I can't even remember what I was complaining about. And then there are days like Wednesday where my thoughts are so negative that  I leave work 5 hours early and cry all the way home.

I told Miguel more or less that I thought that maybe something was wrong with me. He told me that maybe I was just going through a "quarter life" crisis...Oh Migs.

Then after I talked to him, I felt like maybe I was overreacting to everything, and maybe I just wasn't  expressing myself enough to my friends.  That I wasn't really disclosing how upset I've felt about my dad being sick last Fall, and my parents being crazy this summer, how devastated I felt when I opened up each and every rejection letter, and how lame I felt when things didn't happen this summer. Maybe if I had instead of just letting it fester inside of me, I'd feel better.

1 comment: