So today had it's ups and it's downs, but overall was good. I went to lunch with the office gang, ate good food, had some laughs. As I entered my apartment, my phone began to ring and the word "home" appeared on my screen. I thought about ignoring, but I didn't, and answered.
Conclusion: dad's still sick/crazy.
I had to get off the phone after about 6 minutes. It's clear he's not taking his meds, and there's nothing I can do about it without risking my sanity. So I ran. I went to the gym and ran. Normally I run a really slow mile, like 16 minutes at speed 3.2. I just take my time, increase the speed whenever. Today, as my feet began pounding on the treadmill, I could feel all the sadness and anger pouring out of the soles of my feet with every step that I took. It was like when I was in high school and still living with my parents. When the environment in the house got hostile I'd go for a quick run around the slightly sketchy streets of Dallas. Stomping out my anger on the pavement. Today, I kept increasing the speed, not caring that my lungs could barely keep up with the rest of my body.
I ran a 13 minute mile.
I know I could have pushed myself harder, but then I think I also would have gone too far and probably ended up vomiting all over the floor of the gold's gym.
so turns out my new job won't let me work from home, which stinks, but it's okay. I can't quit, because I need a job, and I like my job. I think this means I'll spend a lot more time camping out in the ancestry lobby while I wait for the 6'o clock bus to come or a kind soul from the 4'o clock crew to give me a ride home. No one is taking the news very well. The whole crew is bummed.oh well, it'll get better : )
"Someone" texted me today...unfortunately it was all business. Oh well, maybe next time I'll be pleasantly surprised.
No comments:
Post a Comment